Tuesday, October 4, 2016

FALL CHORES: Learning Patience

With fall officially here, I start to think of all the projects I have to accomplish before the winter snows fly in Pennsylvania. I'm reminded of a phrase: “If you don’t have the time to do it right, when will you get the time to do it over?”
 
Everyone loves to finish his or her projects. Completing them gives you a feeling of self-confidence and personal joy. But sometimes I find myself rushing through chores, not enjoying the moment, but always thinking of the next thing that needs to be done after I’m finished with the work at hand.

I’ve learned my need to find closure with one chore, if done quickly, can sometimes lead to carelessness and can sometimes add more complications and time while I fix what I’ve done in haste. 

My mother called it “patience.” And boy, oh boy, did she have patience with every task she accomplished. She was a perfectionist, but she never grew tired of performing at only her best. 

This fall I’m going to try to be more patient even if I don’t accomplish my long list of “things to do.” 

What fall tasks are on your list for October?  Whatever they are, I’m wishing you lots of patience to get them done!

No comments:

Post a Comment